Good Morning from Denapsar Bali! I MADE IT!! Its a beautiful day here about 6:45 am and I was so excited I couldn't sleep any longer. That is really surprising considering the journey I just finished. The entire air time of the trip took a total of 23 hours not including those wonderful little stays in various airports including Anchorage, Taipei and Jakarta. I finally arrived last night and was picked up by a friend of my teacher and contact here in Bali.
I'll be meeting with my new teacher Made Lasmawan at his home on the 13th. In the meantime I'm going to soak up as much of the Balinese culture as I can. Today I'm going to see the Bali Arts Festival which should be full of dancers, gamelan musicians, dalang, many local crafts and works of art. At the end of today I'll be sure to post all the wonderful photos and video on the blog here.
I'm so excited to be here. The city of Denpasar from my drive through it last night is vibrant and full of vitality. There are little shops everywhere where I wanted to stop and explore but I had just ended my long journey and I was a walking Zombie. I got into my hotel room last night and found I had a roomate. A lizard about 5 inches long and cute as a button. I took his or hers presence as a good omen. However when I woke up this morning he was gone. Ah well. The solitude is good for me. Well I'm off to enjoy this beautiful breakfast spread they have here. ps Bali is a Vegetarian's Paradise. I have thus far no food issues. You have to be clear on the whole vegan thing but its no big deal.
More later.
Love,
Daniel
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment